Hello everyone! Summer is here and it is time to rest and charge your batteries for the next course. However, learning a foreign language can be sometimes difficult. Here are my recommendations to help you improve your level:
- Read in English. Reading is good in any language so, why don’t you try an English book, comic, magazine… Did you know reading is a good exercise for your brain?
- Watch in English. I’m sure many of you spend hours in front of a screen. Let’s start making this time count! Watch cartoons, films, series in English. You can start with easy preschool series such as Paw Patrol, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Hey Duggee (my favourite!). Then you can change to full movies like How to train your Dragon, Abominable or The Lion King. The first time you can watch them with Spanish subtitles, but try to do it with English subtitles. This way, you will be able to associate the words with their pronunciation.
- Listen in English. As I always recommend, music is a perfect way to learn a foreign language. Just make sure you have the lyrics there to follow the song. Here is a song I love by a group from Mallorca: Stop the Clocks - L.A.
- Questionnaires. You can do them again. Practice makes perfect!
- App Navio. Practice English while you play.
- Summer workbooks. You can find plenty of them in many shops.